|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Olson's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The Constitution is clear in the matter of the inalienable right of a person to their own life. Modern science, untainted by political confusion, is clear on the biological result of conception. Therefore, I support the rightful purpose of reestablishing the rule of law in the State of North Dakota and defining life at conception. The lives of all North Dakotans deserve equal protection, without discrimination towards developmental status."
- Excerpt: "North Dakotans ought to have school choice. I’ll fight for the rights of homeschoolers and private schoolers. At the same time, I’ll fight for the fiscal responsibility and common sense policies necessary to ensure our public schools deliver the best value. Here in West Fargo, I understand all to well the struggles at providing enough classroom space for fast growing communities. With responsible budgeting that ensures Constitutional prerogatives on school funding are followed, I’m confident we can satisfy the needs of our growth."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "With skyrocketing revenues, largely from our booming oil industry, I’d like to see taxes reduced or even eliminated as much as possible on everyday North Dakotans. I don’t believe in policies that cater to particular groups or business interests. I’ll work to reduce taxes across the board, wherever practical and possible. I’ll hold the line on state spending beyond the core functions of government and will proactively work to cut waste and inefficiency."
Banking & Finance
- Excerpt: "With my background and experience in finance, I will support monetary reforms that advance the economic security and independence of North Dakotans. I’ll be outlining more specific policy proposals in the near future."
- Excerpt: "North Dakota’s oil boom is an enormous blessing in the midst of a nationwide economic downturn. We have a moral obligation to pursue tax and regulatory policies that support and encourage this immense financial benefit to our great state. At the same time, we must prioritize much needed infrastructure to match the demands and challenges ahead, while not unduly burdening ordinary citizens with special assessments."
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Kim Koppelman and Christopher Olson were unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jaci Stofferahn and Scott Brand were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Koppelman, Olson, Stofferahn and Brand will face off in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Olson + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Dakota House of Representatives District 13
- Official campaign website
- Christopher Olson on Facebook
- Christopher Olson on LinkedIn
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- 2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |