Christopher Speranzo (b. October 24, 1972) is the clerk magistrate of the Pittsfield District Court in Massachusetts. After his initial appointment to the position by Governor Patrick, he was approved by the Governor's Council on July 6, 2011.
Speranzo also served as solicitor of the City of Pittsfield. He has also served as treasurer of the Pittsfield Democratic City Committee. He is a member of the Berkshire Bar Association, the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Pittsfield Chapter of UNICO National, the Attorney General's Safe Neighborhood Initiative, and the Springfield Violence Prevention Task Force.
House committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Speranzo was appointed to the following committees:
- Health Care Financing Joint Committee
- Judiciary Joint Committee, Vice Chair
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee
- Ways and Means
- Ways and Means Joint Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Speranzo served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Third Berkshire District (2010)|
|Christopher Speranzo (D)||5,446|
|Mark C. Miller (Gr)||4,460|
On November 4, 2008, Speranzo won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Third Berkshire district. In this election he raised $27,664-; of that total $24,114- (87.2%) was from in state contributions and $3,550- (12.8%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Third Berkshire district|
|Christopher Speranzo (D)||13,684|
Speranzo raised $27,664 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|10 different donors||$500|
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Christopher Speranzo
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- ABC6.com, "Mass. lawmaker narrowly approved for judicial post," July 6, 2011
- News Telegram.com, "Judicial appointments create flack," July 7, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Speranzo
- The Berkshire Eagle, "3rd Berkshire hopefuls put on game face," August 2, 2011
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 29, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Berkshire 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |