|Virginia House of Delegates, District 55|
|High school||Newtown High School, 1998|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Military Institute, 2002|
|Place of birth||Danbury, Connecticut|
|Profession||Project manager, intelligence analyst|
Sullivan graduated from Newtown High School in Connecticut in 1998 before finishing school at the Virginia Military Institute in 2002. He entered the United States Marine Corps, serving as an intelligence officer until 2011, when he left the service as a captain after three tours of duty. After his service, he worked as a project manager and intelligence analyst for a government contractor.
Sullivan’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Nullify Unconstitutional Laws
Excerpt: "In a constitutional republic, it is the duty of the States to defend the freedoms of their people under the ninth and tenth amendments of the U.S. Constitution. If elected to serve as your delegate, I will fight tirelessly to stand up to federal government’s encroachment into your lives and mine and will hold Richmond accountable for being derelict in doing so thus far."
- Maximize Individual Liberty
Excerpt: "No one knows how to live your life better than you. No one can possibly know the infinite wants and needs of the market. Yet government at every level, the State level included, claims that the thousands of codes they put in place will keep you safe, protect the environment, and provide for the base functions of government. The reality, however, is that every government restriction on peaceable people and peaceful actions serves only to restrict your liberty."
- Cut taxes and Spending; Abolish the Virginia Income Tax
Excerpt: "Government cannot create wealth; it can only confiscate wealth from the market through taxes and inflationary borrowing, redistributing benefits largely to the connected few. In these uncertain economic times, government is overly concerned with keeping the status quo (funded by increased “revenue”) rather than improving market conditions through lower taxation and reductions in spending."
- One Subject at a Time
Excerpt: "As your delegate, I will sponsor a bill that will require future bills to be tightly constrained to one topic, and that each bill must state precisely what clause under the Constitution of Virginia allows for such legislation."
- Defending the Right to Self-Defense
Excerpt: "Our right to self-defense comes not from the government, nor from the Constitution. It comes from our nature, our existence, and our Creator, and can logically be derived from the notion that you (and no one else) own yourself."
Sullivan and his wife, Anna, have three children, Abigail, Julia, and Emily. They live in Beaverdam, VA.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Sullivan + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michelle Obama to Serve as Honorary Chair of Roosevelt University's 125th ... - Broadway World
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic - The Advocate
- Frigid weather frosts the US - Danbury News Times
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 8 - The State
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 7 - The State
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 6 - The State
- Carolyn Livengood: Wreaths Across America event planned at Golden Gate ... - Pacifica Tribune
- Obama tries to quell youth revolt - Fox News
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, Dec. 4 - The State
- Pinellas real estate listings for Dec. 4 - Tampabay.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate LinkedIn page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- ↑ Christopher Sullivan: Libertarian For Virginia, "About," accessed September 5, 2013
- ↑ Christopher Sullivan: Libertarian For Virginia, "Issues," accessed September 5, 2013
- ↑ Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Christopher Sullivan - Biography," accessed September 5, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |