There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317. If you have previously created an account on Ballotpedia you may use that account.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 5:53
End time: 7:43
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to a state legislator page. Vote result boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations and table building code. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found at Writing:Election histories (state legislators). Select one of the candidates from below, add a section with a vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section,
cross the link you used out on this list.
In this section, add a link to the sub-section of the complex page you edited. Also write your answers to the research questions here in a bullet-pointed list.
- According to the South Dakota 2008 ballot measures page, there were seven.
- According to the Lieutenant Governor page, there are 45 states that have Lieutenant Governors. According to the Ex officio lieutenant governors section on the same page, the states that do not have a Lieutenant Governor are: Arizona, Maine, Wyoming, New Hampshire, and Oregon.
- According to the Redistricting Committee, Michigan State Senate page, they are: Joe Hune (Chair), Rick Jones (Vice Chair), Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, John Proos, Virgil Smith, Steven Bieda (Minority Vice Chair), and Bert Johnson.
- According to the 1998 ballot measures page, there were six measures relating to Medical Marijuana on the ballot in 1998. According to the Alaska, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington sections within that same page, four measures passed. According to the Arizona section on the same page, the two measures there failed.
- According to the Texas House of Representatives page, Jose Aliseda is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives.
- Hariah H. Hutkowski was elected in 2006 Russ Fassbender was elected in 2007, Jonathan J. Freund was elected in 2006, Steve Villand was elected in 2007, Rodney Weber was elected in 2010, Zach Weber was elected in 2004, and John Murray was elected in 2007.
- The decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court was that the California State University, Fresno Association is not a public body and does not have to comply with public records requests.
- HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session was sponsored by John Dougall. It "modifies provisions of the Government Records Access and Management Act and other provisions relating to government records" and has been signed by the governor.
- "Hariah Hutkowski," 2011-28-03
- "Russ Fassbender," 2011-28-03
- "Jonathan J. Freund," 2011-28-03
- "Steve Villand," 2011-28-03
- "Rodney Weber," 2011-28-03
- "Zach Weber," 2011-28-03
- "John Murray," 2011-28-03
- http://le.utah.gov/~2011/bills/hbillint/hb0477.htm "Utah Legislature HB0477" 2011-1-3
- http://www.le.state.ut.us/~2011/htmdoc/hbillhtm/HB0477.htm "HB 477 Bill Documents - 2011 Session" 2011-22-03