|Idaho House of Representatives District 11B|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Boise State University|
|Birthday||June 4, 1968|
|Place of birth||Ankara, Turkey|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Buckhorn Gun Shop|
Perry earned her B.A. in Political Science from Boise State University. Her professional experience includes owning a gun shop, working in the marketing division of the Idaho Department of Agriculture, and as an independent distributor for Home and Garden Party.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Perry served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration|
|• Local Government|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Perry served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Judiciary, Rules and Administration|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Christy Perry was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Perry won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives. Due to redistricting, she ran in District 11B. She defeated Matt Dorsey, John Gough and Ronalee Linsenmann in the Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 11B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Christy Perry Incumbent||100%||14,475|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 11B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 13B (2010)|
|Christy Perry (R)||14,016||100.0%|
Comprehensive donor information for Perry is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Perry raised a total of $67,673 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Christy Perry's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 11B||$32,594|
|2010||Idaho House, District 13B||$35,079|
|Grand Total Raised||$67,673|
2012Perry won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Perry raised a total of $32,594.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christy Perry's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Power Co.||$2,000|
|Committee to Elect Fred Wood||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,250|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,594|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Perry was up for re-election, she collected $35,079 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christy Perry's campaign in 2010|
|Perry, Matthew J||$1,000|
|Associated Logging Contractors Idaho||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$35,079|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Perry received a score of -22 points in the 2013 index, ranking 44th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Perry and her husband, Matt, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christy + Perry + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Christy Perry on Facebook
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Press, "Perry upsets Kren," accessed April 24, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Perry, Christy." Retrieved December 12, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Carlos Bilbao (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 11B
| Succeeded by|
Stephen Kren, Jr.
|Idaho House of Representatives District 13B
| Succeeded by|