|Wisconsin State Assembly District 45|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
On April 14, 2010, Benedict announced he would not be seeking re-election.
Benedict has worked as a high school math/science teacher and a neurologist.
He is a member of the Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development, American Academy of Neurology, American Association for Advancement of Science, League of Conservation Voters, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Union of Concerned Scientists, and the Wisconsin Medical Society.
- Corrections and the Courts Committee (Vice Chair)
- Public Health Committee (Chair)
- Health and Healthcare Reform Committee
- Jobs, the Economy and Small Business Committee
- Special Committee on Performance-Based Disease Management Programs for Large Population
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Benedict did not seek re-election to District 45 in 2010.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-44 Volunteer Healthcare Provider Program: state required to pay for legal representation and costs and damages re certain claims; chiropractors and physical therapists added
- AB-152 Mandatory overtime and on-call time: health care facility prohibited from requiring of certain employees that are paid an hourly wage or are classified as nonsupervisory; exemption, discrimination, complaint, and penalty provisions
- AB-299 Sale of mercury-added products regulated, including fever thermometers, manometers, thermostats, instruments and measuring devices, switches and relays, and specified household items; public, parochial, and charter schools prohibited from purchasing or storing free-flowing elemental mercury, a device containing mercury, or a mercury-containing compound, exceptions provided
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
Rep. Benedict speaking at an Obama office opening
The top five donors to Benedict's 2008 campaign:
|Kris for Wisconsin||$537|
|WI State Council of Machinists||$500|
|Associated Builders & Contractors of Wisconsin||$500|
- Representative Benedict's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Chuck Benedict
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2004
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Benedict's Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Benedict's LinkedIn
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |