|Georgia Public Service Commission|
|January 1, 2007 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||December 2006|
|Next election||November 8, 2018|
|High school||Lake Zurich High School (1987)|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
Eaton lives in Atlanta with his wife Erika and daughter Lydia. They are members of the Peachtree Road United Methodist Church. 
Eaton served as deputy campaign manager for Congressman Phil Crane in 1992 and managed multiple campaigns for Rep. Jeff Brown.
- BA, Accounting, University of Alabama
Public Service Commission (2007 – Present)
Eaton was first elected to the Public Service Commission in December 2006. He served as Commission Chairman in 2008.
Eaton ran successfully for re-election in 2012. He defeated Matt Reid in the Republican primary on July 31st, and later triumphed over Stephen Oppenheimer and Brad Ploeger (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia Public Service Commission District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chuck Eaton Incumbent||52.1%||1,858,663|
|Election Results via Georgia Secretary of State.|
|Georgia Public Service Commission, District 3, Republican Primary, 2012|
|Chuck Eaton Incumbent||59.9%||498,273|
|Election Results Via: Georgia Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Eaton is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Eaton raised a total of $605,338 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 9, 2013.
Eaton won re-election to the position of Georgia Public Service Commissioner District 3 in 2012. During that election cycle, Eaton raised a total of $227,660.
|Georgia Public Service Commissioner District 3 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chuck Eaton's campaign in 2012|
|Charles F. Fail||$11,000|
|Gunter Construction Company||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$227,660|
|Total Votes received in 2012||1,858,663|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.12|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Chuck Eaton's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Chuck Eaton's Campaign Contributions|
Georgia Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0 (Lib.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Chuck Eaton||$72,000|
|Georgia Republican Party||$8,000|
|The Loose Group||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Eaton + Georgia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lobbyists treat PSC like royalty - The Augusta Chronicle
- Education an endless endeavor - Eatonton Messenger
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Georgia Public Service Commission
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Chuck Eaton on Facebook
- Chuck Eaton on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Georgia Public Service Commission, "Bio of Chuck Eaton," accessed June 29, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," November 7, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," May 24, 2012
- ↑ Marietta Daily Journal, "Public Service Commission races, contributions to Stan Wise warrant scrutiny," July 27, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Chuck Eaton," accessed July 9, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|Georgia Public Service Commissioner
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |