Chuck Ellinger, II
|Chuck Ellinger, II|
|Lexington City Council, At-Large|
| 2007 - 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Kentucky Law|
|J.D.||University of Kentucky Law|
is a former at-large member of the Lexington
City Council. He served on the council from 2007 to 2015.
In 2014, Ellinger was a candidate for District 3 of the Lexington City Council. He lost to J. "Jake" Gibbs.
Ellinger earned his B.S. from Rollins College, his M.P.A. from the University of Kentucky and his J.D. from the University of Kentucky.
On his campaign website, Ellinger highlighted the following issues:
- "Basic services to all the citizens of the 3rd District, including exceptional police and fire departments, improved storm water and sanitary sewers, streets and roads."
- "Fiscally responsible spending of your tax dollars."
- "Strong working relationships among the City Government, the Business Community and the University of Kentucky; focusing on economic growth opportunities and jobs for all our citizens."
- "City Government is open and accountable to all citizens."
- "Strong neighborhood involvement and encourage public input."
- "Traffic problems addressed with efficient, effective solutions."
- "Responsible growth and preservation of green space."
- "City Government works cooperatively with the School Board & Public School Administrators to help provide quality education."
- "Continued efforts to strengthen the vitality of downtown Lexington through the support of public/private partnerships."
- "Increased focus on tourism to enhance Lexington-Fayette County as a premiere tourist destination."
- See also Lexington, Kentucky city council elections, 2014
The city of Lexington, Kentucky held elections for city council on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. At-Large incumbent Chuck Ellinger, II and J. "Jake" Gibbs defeated Rock Daniels in the District 3 primary. Gibbs defeated Ellinger in the general election. District 3 incumbent Diane Lawless did not run for re-election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Ellinger, II + Lexington"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Chuck Ellinger, II News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 City of Lexington, "At-Large Chuck Ellinger," accessed May 21, 2014
- ↑ Ellinger for Council, "Issues," accessed on September 30, 2014
- ↑ Fayette County Clerk, "2014 General Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
- ↑ Fayette County Clerk, "Fayette County Primary Candidates In Ballot Position Order," accessed May 19, 2014
- ↑ City of Lexington, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014
| Political offices
|Lexington City Council, At-Large
| Succeeded by|