|Indiana House of Representatives, District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||McCutcheon High School (1990)|
|Bachelor's||Purdue University (1998)|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University (2006)|
Hockema earned his B.S. from Purdue University in 1998 and his J.D. from Brigham Young University in 2006.
Hockema has outlined the following three themes of his campaign:
- Job Creation: "Build an operating environment that supports Indiana businesses. Focus on solutions to keep the Greater Lafayette Area attractive to new businesses."
- Education - "Focus dollars on the frontlines of education… the classroom. Reward our best teachers with better pay. Give schools the flexibility to attract the best teachers."
- Economy - "Simplify and reduce the tax burden. Eliminate burdensome regulations on Hoosier families and businesses."
In a biographical submission to Ballotpedia, Hockema stated, "I believe that holding office should be a sacrifice, not an entitlement of career politicians. It is clear to me that most career politicians create more problems than they solve. When House Representatives walked out of the last legislative session to prevent a vote on bills they opposed, several people who know my background asked me to run."
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Sheila Klinker is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Chuck Hockema is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Hockema ran in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 27. Hockema defeated Jan Payne in the May 8 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Sheila Ann Klinker (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sheila Ann Klinker Incumbent||54.5%||10,742|
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
In information submitted to Ballotpedia on April 18, 2012, Hockema said his donations are from private individuals - no PACs or other large corporate donors.
On April 22, 2012, Hockema filed a report for a large sum of cash he loaned to his campaign for State House. The loan, for $10,000, required a special report to be filed with the Indiana Secretary of State Elections Division. According to Jared Bond, Republican co-director at the Tippecanoe County Board of Election office, election finance laws require, "any cash donation that exceeds $1,000 after April 13 -- the deadline for first-quarter finance reports -- to the time of the election requires the special report be filed with the Indiana Secretary of State Election Division."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chuck + Hockema + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Submitted to Ballotpedia via the Biographical submission form. April 18, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Associated Press "Election Results 2012" Accessed May 8, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- JConline "Possible Klinker opponent turns up primary heat" Accessed April 27, 2012
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |