|Board member, Harnett County School Board, District 3|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||May 6, 2014|
- See also: Harnett County Schools elections (2014)
Chuck Levorse was defeated by Howard Penny, Jr in the Republican primary on May 6, 2014.
|Harnett County Schools, District 3 Primary Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Republican||Howard Penny, Jr||52.6%||461|
|Republican||Chuck Levorse Incumbent||47.4%||416|
|Source: North Carolina Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 UNOFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - HARNETT, accessed May 7, 2014 These election results are unofficial. They will be updated once certified election results are available.|
Levorse did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the North Carolina Board of Elections.
Levorse did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
Levorse won re-election to the board in 2010.
|Harnett County Schools, District 3 General Election, 4-year term, 2010|
|Republican||Chuck Levorse Incumbent||64.2%||3,329|
|Democrat||Craig T. Matthews||35.8%||1,856|
|Source: Harnett County Board of Elections, "Election Results," accessed May 1, 2014|
About the district
- See also: Harnett County Schools, North Carolina
Harnett County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.6 percent of Harnett County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8 percent for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Harnett County was $46,490 compared to $44,242 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Harnett County was 16.4 percent compared to 16.8 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Levorse + Harnett + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "NC Campaign Report Search By Entity," accessed May 1, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Harnett County, North Carolina," accessed May 1, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed April 28, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Harnett County Schools Elections|
|Harnett County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||May 6, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 3: Incumbent, Chuch Levorse • Howard Penny, Jr|
District 5: Incumbent, Kevin A. Gregory • Chad Smith
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|