|Vermont Secretary of Agriculture|
|January 6, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 6, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Peter Shumlin (D)|
|U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy's State Director|
|Vermont State Legislature|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont (1978)|
|Master's||University of Washington (1982)|
Ross is the son of a seventh generation Vermonter. His family owned an orchard on Lake Champlain, raised trotters, and owned a wood lot. He worked for both his family's 500 acre square-baled hay business in Hinesburg and a family farm in Iowa on land owned by his mother's family.
- B.A. in Geography, University of Vermont, 1978
- M.A. in Geography, University of Washington, 1982
Vermont Secretary of Agriculture (2011-present)
Ross has served as Vermont Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets since January 2011.
Sen. Leahy's State Director (1996 - 2011)
Ross served 16 years as Senator Patrick Leahy's state director. As Leahy served on the Senate Agriculture Committee, Ross has extensive experience working with price supports for agriculture, dairy, and other farming issues.
Vermont House of Representatives (1990 - 1996)
Ross served in the Vermont House of Representatives as a representative from Hinesburg.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Ross + Vermont + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dates announced for Listening Sessions with Chuck Ross, Vermont Secretary of ... - vtdigger.org
- Vermont ag chief to attend listening sessions - San Francisco Chronicle
- Vt., EPA, seek input on Lake Champlain cleanup - WRAL.com
- USDA designates all counties in Vermont natural disaster areas, opening door ... - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- State Charts Aggressive Course To Cut Phosphorus In Lake Champlain - Vermont Public Radio
- USDA designates all 14 counties in Vermont natural disaster areas - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- ENVIRONMENT: EPA pressure builds toward lake progress - St. Albans Messenger
- Lake cleanup proposal focus of meetings - Barre Montpelier Times Argus
- Farm tours and workshops at Shelburne Farms energize farm-based education ... - vtdigger.org
- Agricultural Literacy Week Promotes Understanding of Farming - The Northfield News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Vermont Secretary of Agriculture, Food & Markets
| Succeeded by|