|Idaho State Senate District 20|
|2008 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||College of Idaho|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Place of birth||Ontario, Oregon|
Winder earned his B.S. in political science from the College of Idaho. He served as a naval aviator in the United States Navy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Winder served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Winder served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Winder served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Idaho State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Chuck Winder is unopposed in the Republican primary.
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
Winder won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho State Senate District 20. Redistricting placed Winder into District 20 with incumbent Shirley McKague (R). McKague decided not to run for re-election, leaving Winder unopposed in the Republican primary on May 15. Winder defeated James Mace (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chuck Winder Incumbent||68.4%||12,303|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
| Idaho State Senate, District 14 |
2010 General election results
|Chuck Winder (R)||20,674||100.0%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 14 (2008)|
|Chuck Winder (R)||27,253|
Comprehensive donor information for Winder is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Winder raised a total of $151,649 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Chuck Winder's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho State Senate, District 20||$61,662|
|2010||Idaho State Senate, District 14||$21,475|
|2008||Idaho State Senate, District 14||$68,512|
|Grand Total Raised||$151,649|
2012Winder won re-election to the Idaho State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Winder raised a total of $61,662.
|Idaho State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chuck Winder's campaign in 2012|
|Jr Simplot Co||$2,000|
|Winning for Idaho||$1,500|
|Blue Cross of Idaho||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$61,662|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Winder received $21,475 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chuck Winder's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Trucking Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Power Co||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$21,475|
In 2008, Winder collected $68,512 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Power Co.||$2,000|
|Idaho Associated General Contractors||$1,882|
|Jr. Simplot Co.||$1,500|
|Datum Construction Management||$1,000|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Winder received a score of 44 points in the 2013 index, ranking 11th out of 35 members of the Idaho State Senate that were evaluated for the study.
Winder and his wife, Dianne, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Winder + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Chuck Winder on Facebook
- Chuck Winder on LinkedIn
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Republic, "Idaho redistricting panel adopts legislative map, plans to meet Monday on congressional plan," October 14, 2011
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," accessed March 20, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- followthemoney.org, "Winder, Chuck," accessed August 30, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- Winder Campaign Donors
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Shirley McKague (R)
|Idaho State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|
Marv Hagedorn (R)