is one of 16 counties
. As of the 2000 census, the population was 23,982. As of July 1, 2007, the population of Churchill County was estimated at 27,190. The county, named after Mexican-American War hero brevet Brigadier General Sylvester Churchill, was formed in 1861. Its seat is Fallon, Nevada
Churchill County is unique in that it owns and operates the local telephone carrier, Churchill County Communications.
- The website has contact information for elected and administrative officials.
- The website has budget and audit information available.
- The website has some information on tax spending.
- The website has county commissioners' meeting agendas available.
- The website has county commissioners' meeting minutes available.
- The website has some tax information available.
- The website has some zoning information available.
- The website does not have information on committee meetings, building permits, contracts, lobbying, public records, or tax appeals.
- Main article: Nevada government sector lobbying
Churchill County has one registered lobbyist.