|Indiana House of Representatives|
|November 16, 2010 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Kirchhofer's professional experience includes working as a paralegal at St. Francis Hospital and Health Center in Beech Grove, IN.
Kirchhofer's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kirchhofer served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Statutory Committee on Interstate and International Cooperation|
|• Veterans Affairs and Public Safety, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kirchhofer served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Statutory Committee on Interstate and International Cooperation, Vice-chair|
|• Veterans Affairs and Public Safety|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Debra S. Jenkins was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Cindy Kirchhofer was unopposed in the Republican primary. Jenkins will face Kirchhofer in the general election.
Kirchhofer won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 89. Kirchhofer ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 89, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cindy Kirchhofer Incumbent||100%||14,240|
In the May 4th primary, Kirchhofer ran unopposed and received 1,922 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 89 General Election (2010)|
|Cindy Kirchhofer (R)||8,066|
|John Barnes (D)||7,468|
Comprehensive donor information for Kirchhofer is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kirchhofer raised a total of $148,499 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Cindy Kirchhofer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 89||$30,455|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 89||$118,044|
|Grand Total Raised||$148,499|
2012Kirchhofer won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kirchhofer raised a total of $30,455.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cindy Kirchhofer's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$4,700|
|Mike Pence Cmte||$2,500|
|Insurance Institute of Indiana||$1,500|
|Indiana Hospital Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$30,455|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kirchhofer raised $118,044 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Aiming Higher PAC||$35,502|
|Aiming Higher PAC||$19,918|
|Indiana Chamber Of Commerce||$18,528|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$5,000|
Kirchhofer has one daughter. She served two terms on the Perry Township Government Board and vice president of the Beech Grove Redevelopment Commission. She also served on the Indiana Paralegal Association Board of Directors and the Marion County Citizens Police Complaint Board.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Cindy + Kirchhofer + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- Indiana House of Representatives - Cindy Kirchhofer
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- standwithcindy.com, "Issues," accessed August 26, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kirchhofer, Cindy," accessed September 10, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
|Indiana House of Representatives District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |