Citizen Action/Illinois is a progressive organization which advocates for social and economic justice.
According to the organization's website, the mission of Citizen Action/Illinois is to create social change at the state and national level.
Issues on which Citizen Action/Illinois focuses are:
- Consumer rights
- Cook County health and hospital system
- Elections and progressive leadership
- Fair Tax Amendment and economic justice
- Financial reform and predatory lending reform
- Health care for America Now
- Illinois Main Street Alliance
- Justice for all
- Medicare, Social Security and long term care
- Public education