Citizens in Charge Foundation
|Citizens in Charge Foundation|
|Affiliated with:||Citizens in Charge|
Citizens in Charge Foundation works with activists, media, educators, opinion leaders and voters to protect the initiative & referendum process where it exists in 24 states and to expand the process to the 26 states where voters currently lack the initiative. Citizens in Charge Foundation works across party lines to educate the public on the benefits of citizen initiative, referendum and recall and also litigates to protect and expand those rights.
Citizens in Charge Foundation empowers grassroots leaders across the country through their Citizen State Coordinator Program. These volunteer coordinators make a difference by engaging in activities at the local and state level to protect and defend the ballot initiative process. Our team of Citizen State Coordinators mobilizes “boots-on-the-ground” activists, meets and works with elected officials and opinion leaders, and hosts educational events.
To rapidly build coalitions, Citizens in Charge Foundation provides small start-up grants to organizations in the 24 states that have statewide initiative and referendum rights. These grants allow state organizations to set up a website, host a town hall event and/or other outreach and capacity-building activities.
CICF is nonpartisan and does not support any initiatives, referenda, or candidates for office.
Paul Jacob is the founder and president of Citizens in Charge Foundation.
The national office of CICF sends out e-alerts during the time of the year that state legislatures are in session that "track and report legislation around the country dealing with initiative, referendum, and petition rights by state."
CICF rates laws introduced in state legislatures that would have an influence on the process voters must go through to qualify a ballot initiative for the ballot. They have a three-tiered ranking system.
|Color code||Impact on initiative rights|
|Protects or expands voters’ initiative and referendum rights|
|Influences voters’ access to initiative and referendum, but neither reduce nor expand voter’s access|
|Reduces voters’ initiative and referendum rights|
Save the Initiative Tour
See full article: Save The Initiative Tour
The Save The Initiative Tour was a campaign started by CICF with the goal of undoing restrictions placed on the voter initiative & referendum process.
Citizens In Charge
Citizens in Charge is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization that works directly with public officials and voters to protect and spread ballot initiative rights. Citizens in Charge and Citizens in Charge Foundation are separate organizations.
Citizens in Charge Foundation was the original sponsor of Ballotpedia. The Lucy Burns Institute is the current sponsor.
The Citizens In Charge Foundation does not accept government funding and is supported entirely by the goodwill of private donors.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Citizens+ in+ Charge+ Foundation"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jean Johnson loved being a mom, a friend, a judge; longtime jurist died last ... - Jacksonville Daily Record
- Why Philly's Land Bank creates a fantastic opportunity for the City - Philly.com
- Yes mayor, Doyle did it, too - Nogales International
- 10 Places In California With Strong Hispanic Influences - Huffington Post
- Marion Blakey Honored by the Aerospace and Aviation Community (Photos) - Washingtonian.com (blog)
- New World Order ? The Endgame Has Begun - Center for Research on Globalization
- Governance By Algorithm: Big Data, The NSA & A Sinister Future - The Quietus
- Social Change Veteran Heads up Foundation - Pro Bono Australia
- Richard Sakala Arrested - AllAfrica.com
- Monday Digest - Patriot Post
- Save The Initiative Tour
- Initiative & Referendum Institute
- PACs and Super PACS
- Political action committee
- Super PAC
- Federal Election Commission