City of Davis Transition to a Charter City, Measure N (November 2008)
Measure N was about whether the City of Davis should change from a general law city to a charter city.
General law cities derive their powers for municipal affairs from the California Constitution and California Legislature. Charter cities, on the other hand, derive their governing structure from their charters.
- These election results are from the Yolo County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure N: "Shall the Proposed Charter of the City of Davis Be Adopted?"|
- Election results for Measure N
- Full text and impartial analysis
- Measure N: Proposed Davis City Charter
- Resolution authorizing the election