City of Pomona Utility Users Tax, Measure PC (November 2009)
Measure PC expanded the types of telecommunications the city can charge a tax on.
The city's then-current 9% utility users tax generated about $18 million a year for the city's general fund.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
The question on the ballot:
| Measure PC: "Shall an ordinance be adopted to ratify and continue Pomona’s
existing Utility Users Tax to fund general city services, including essential municipal services such as, police, fire, street repair, parks and libraries, provided that current exemptions remain, and the ordinance is updated to treat taxpayers equally regardless of telecommunication technology used?"
- Local revenue measures November 2009
- List of November 2009 local ballot measures in Los Angeles County
- Contra Costa Times, "Pomona ballot measure would update utility tax," October 21, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.