City of Riverside Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Initiative (June 2015)
|Voting on Marijuana|
|Not on ballot|
Medical-marijuana advocates began circulating signature petitions in December of 2013, seeking to put an initiative on the ballot that would, if approved, allow several medical marijuana dispensaries to open and operate in the city. The activists had 180 days to collect 12,000 valid signatures in order to qualify their measure for the June 2, 2015 election ballot. After four months of circulation, the group turned in 20,206 signatures, hoping this would be enough to qualify the initiative for the November 2014 election ballot. The county registrar found 13,640 of the signatures to be valid, which is only enough to qualify the initiative for the June 2, 2015 ballot.
The "Riverside medical marijuana restriction and limitation act" would allow up to ten medical marijuana dispensaries to open in commercial and industrial zones of the city and would establish rules to regulate the activity of these dispensaries.
Continue to follow this page for updates on the progress of this initiative petition effort.
- City of Lewiston Recreational Marijuana Legalization Measure (November 2014)
- Town of York Recreational Marijuana Legalization Measure (November 2014)
- City of South Portland Recreational Marijuana Legalization Measure (November 2014)
- Butte County Medical Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance Referendum (2014)
- Shasta County Outdoor Medical Marijuana Ordinance Referendum (November 2014)
- City of San Jose Medical Marijuana Regulation Act of 2014 (November 2014)
Lake County Marijuana Cultivation Ordinance 2997 Referendum, Measure N (June 2014)
City of Imperial Beach "Compassionate Access Ordinance" Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Act (June 2014)
City of Napa Medical Marijuana Dispensary Referendum (November 2014)