City of Watsonville Urban Limit Amendment, Measure T (June 2013)
- These results are from the Santa Cruz County elections office.
- Isaac Rodriguez
- Julian Posadas
- Daniel Dodge
The supporters of Measure T argued that this is a chance to decrease the historically record high unemployment rate of Watsonville City through commercial development of this land. They also argued that developing the Sakata-Kett and Greenfarm parcels will not harm the agricultural industry of the area since the land is less than 1% of the 23,000 acres of farmland in Santa Cruz county.
- Betty Bobeda, former mayor of Watsonville
- Celia Organista, Co-Chair Committee to Save Jobs and Farmland
- Dobie Jenkins, Board Member of Watsonville Wetlands Watch
- Brandon Kett, farmland owner
- Cynthia Mathiesen, President of Santa Cruz County Farm Bureau
The opponents of Measure T argued that the land in the parcels proposed for annexation was some of the most fertile farmland in the world and will be ruined by the intended commercial development that Measure T could allow. They also argued that the land already provides much needed jobs and revenue to Watsonville City and the effects of annexation and development are unknown.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Should the City of Watsonville amend its Urban Limit Line to allow for the possible annexation of approximately 95 acres of agricultural land to the City limits for future economic development and jobs?|
- Santa Cruz County Election Department June 4, 2013 City of Watsonville Special Election
- Santa Cruz County voter's pamphlet
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |