|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eleventh Plymouth District|
|January 5, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Brockton High School, 1978|
|Bachelor's||Stonehill College, 1982|
|J.D.||Suffolk University Law School|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cronin served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Emerging Technologies Joint|
|• Judiciary Joint|
|• Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint|
Cronin's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt: "Claire will work with other elected officials to encourage job growth in the community. She will strive to make the district more business-friendly to help the region grow and thrive and will advocate for incentives that encourage businesses to relocate to Massachusetts."
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, Claire will advocate for increased funding for our public schools. Early childhood education is critical, and needs to be enhanced."
- Excerpt: "Claire will advocate for increased funding for public safety services, including police and fire departments."
- Excerpt: "Claire believes the current debate on cutting Medicare funding and Social Security benefits is misguided. As your next State Representative, Claire will fight to protect senior services."
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Claire Cronin was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Cronin won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Eleventh Plymouth District. She defeated Mark Linde, Jass Stewart, and Robert Sullivan in the September 6 Democratic primary and defeated Daniel Murphy (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eleventh Plymouth District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Eleventh Plymouth District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Cronin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cronin raised a total of $79,935 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 20, 2013.
|Claire Cronin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Massachusetts House, Eleventh Plymouth||$79,935|
|Grand Total Raised||$79,935|
2012Cronin won election to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Cronin raised a total of $79,935.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Claire Cronin's campaign in 2012|
|Easton Democratic Town Committee||$750|
|Kelly, Robert J.||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$79,935|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
Cronin and her husband, Ray, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Claire + Cronin + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "electclairecronin," Official Campaign Website
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Cronin, Claire D," accessed December 20, 2013
- Electclairecronin.com, "Meet Claire," accessed August 17, 2012
Geraldine Creedon (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Plymouth 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |