Claire R. Snyder-Hall
|Former candidate for|
|Delaware State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Snyder-Hall's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
We need COORDINATED DEVELOPMENT
- Excerpt: "We need a higher level of planning to make sure that new development does not destroy our property values, our environmental resources, and our quality of life — or make our traffic congestion even worse. We need to make sure we have adequate roadways and traffic lights, infrastructure, and drainage. The development approval process currently involves both state and county government."
We need MORE DOCTORS AND DENTISTS
- Excerpt: "Attracting more doctors and dentists to the district is also a job creation plan because every doctor who sets up practice creates an average of 6 additional jobs."
We need to STRENGTHEN EDUCATION FOR OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN
- Excerpt: "To this end, whether it is a charter or a traditional school, we need to deliver quality education for our children. Unfortunately in Delaware, our schools are struggling to meet this goal."
- Excerpt: "Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe in the ideal of traditional public schools providing a high quality education for all children regardless of means. I would like to see us more towards that ideal, not away from it."
We need to IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION
- Excerpt: "We need better transportation, so that people can get to work and be self-sufficient, and so that local businesses will have a larger pool of potential employees to draw from. Expanding transportation means more than just additional bus routes. It also includes creative solutions like car and van pools, as well as private transportation businesses. Again public/private partnership can help at critical junctures."
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Delaware State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Claire R. Snyder-Hall was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Ernesto B. Lopez was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lopez defeated Snyder-Hall in the general election.
|Delaware State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Ernesto B. Lopez Incumbent||63.4%||11,633|
|Democratic||Claire R. Snyder-Hall||36.6%||6,718|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Claire + Snyder-Hall + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware State Senate District 6
- Delaware State Senate elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Claire R. Snyder-Hall on Facebook
- Claire R. Snyder-Hall on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- State of Delaware - Official primary election candidate list
- Claire for Delaware, "My Platform," accessed October 21, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014