|North Carolina State Senate, District 49|
|High school||North Buncombe High School, 1964|
|Bachelor's||Mars Hill College, 1968|
|Profession||Owner of Clarence Young Autohobby|
Young earned his B.A. in English Literature and Latin from Mars Hill College in 1968. His professional experience includes owning Clarence Young Autohobby since 1985.
Young's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "When I evaluate legislation, a priority will be to see if the pending bill seeks to protect or enhance individual liberty. If individual liberty is degraded, I will have to vote against such a bill."
- Excerpt: "I will vote against any bill which requires more than twenty minutes to read and understand. To have a functioning democratic republic, we must have straightforward and simple laws; otherwise the citizens will be disenfranchised by complexity."
- Excerpt: "I will not vote for any bill which seeks to transfer wealth from one place to another or to advantage one group over another. Our nation was set up to protect individual rights, not to give special interest groups special privileges."
- Excerpt: "I will take no money from anyone or any group for this campaign. When I vote on legislation, you can be sure that I am obligated to no one and that my overriding principle shall be inclined toward the best interests of North Carolina citizens as related to liberty, life and the pursuit of happiness."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Mark Crawford defeated R.L. Clark and Clarence Young in the Republican primary, while incumbent Terry Van Duyn was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Van Duyn and Crawford will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 49 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Clarence + Young + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 49
- Facebook, "About," accessed March 25, 2014
- Campaign website, "Philosophy," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014