Clark County, Nevada
Residents of the Las Vegas Valley area often do not make a distinction between the Clark County and the city of Las Vegas, using Las Vegas to describe both. It is also a major tourist destination, with 150,000 hotel and motel rooms.
- See also: Evaluation of Nevada county websites
This website was most recently evaluated on October 29, 2012.
- Budgets are available and archived for three years
- Elected Officials
- Physical addresses and names are available for all county commissioners
- Administrative Officials
- Name, address, email address, and phone number are available for the county commissioner
- Permits and Zoning
- Audits are available and archived for three years
- Bids are posted
- Public Records
- Tax rates and revenues are located in the budget
- Elected Officials
- Some email addresses and phone numbers are listed for some commissioners, but not consistently among all of them.
- Awarded contracts over $10,000 are not posted.
- Does not disclose membership in government sector lobbying organizations
- Does not disclose money spend on lobbying efforts.
Public employee salaries
Laughlin reported that its top ten employees earned $3 million in pay, including one firefighter who earned $92,000 annually. Another city in the county, Henderson, also had high public salary costs. The assistant city attorney earned $550,000, including $433,000 in a one-time payout; the city attorney earned $435,000, $350,000 of it in a one-time payout, and a fire battalion chief earned $400,000, almost all from a one-time payout.
Other high paid employees in the county include North Las Vegas’ assistant fire chief, who earned $661,000. Also there are two firefighters in the county who collected $474,000 and $444,000 in disability payments.
- Main article: Nevada government sector lobbying
Clark County and subsidiaries have a total of 30 lobbyists.
|Agency||No. of Lobbyists|
|Clark Co. Department of Juvenile Justice Services||2|
|Clark Co. Election Department||1|
|Clark Co. Public Defender's Office||1|
|Clark County Office of the District Attorney||1|
|Clark County Water Reclamation District||2|
|Eighth Judicial District Court of Clark Co.||1|
|Las Vegas/Clark County Library District||10|
- Clark County Website
- Clark County on E-Reference
- Public Records Directory - Clark County
- Clark County Courts
- Clark County Fire Department
- Clark County Bar Association
- Contract between Clark County and firefighters' union
- Clark County, NV -- Budget & Finance (Budgets are available on the left menu]
- Clark County, NV -- Agendas
- Clark County, NV -- Minutes
- Clark County, NV -- Elected Officials
- Clark County, NV -- County Manager/Contact Us
- Clark County, NV -- Permit forms
- Clark County, NV -- Zoning forms
- Clark County, NV -- Comptroller
- Clark County, NV -- purchasing
- Clark County, NV -- Ordering Copies
- Clark County, NV -- Recorder, Contact Us
- Clark County, NV -- 2012-2013 Budget (PDF)
- Red Tape Chronicles, 20 government workers with super-sized pay, Oct. 5, 2010
- Lobbyist Employer List - 75th Session