|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 19A|
|February 18, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||February 12, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Following his election, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy|
|• Health and Human Services Policy|
|• Transportation Finance|
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Clark Johnson is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Kim Spears is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Johnson won election in the special election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 19A. The seat was vacant following Terry Morrow's (D) resignation in order to accept a job in Chicago as legislative director at the Uniform Law Commission. Morrow announced that he would be resigning his seat, which he won re-election to on November 6, 2012, on January 7, 2013. Johnson defeated Peter Strand, Robin Courrier and Karl Johnson in the Democratic primary on January 29. Johnson was endorsed by the party convention, but due to the late timing of the convention, all four candidates were still in the primary. Johnson defeated Allen Quist (R) and Tim Gieseke (I) in the special election on February 12, 2013.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 19A, General Election, 2013|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Clark + Johnson + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota Post, "DFLers endorse candidates for special elections in House Districts 14A, 19A," January 21, 2013
- The Journal, "Mankato teacher, union leader to run for Morrow seat in House," December 27, 2012
- The Journal, "Clark Johnson, Jim Golgart enter 19A race," January 4, 2013
- St. Peter Herald, "Johnson wins House District 19A special primary election," January 29, 2013
- Politics in Minnesota, "Johnson, Theis win House special elections," February 13, 2013
- minnesotaelectionresults.sos.state.mn.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Bruce Anderson (R)
|Minnesota State House District 19A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |