|North Dakota House of Representatives District 25|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position (current service)||12|
|Years in position (previous service)||4|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Valley City State, 1964|
|Master's||North Dakota State University, 1969|
|Birthday||July 12, 1942|
|Place of birth||Wahpeton, ND|
Williams served in the House from 1983 to 1987.
Williams earned a B.S. from Valley City State and M.S. from North Dakota State University. His professional experience an English teacher and principal at Wahpeton Senior High School for 32 years before retirement.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Williams served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
Williams won re-election to one of two seats in District 25 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Williams and incumbent John Wall (R) defeated Larry Gast (D) and Ron Flesland (R) in the November 2 general election.
|North Dakota State House, District 25|
|John Wall (R)||2,754|
|Clark Williams (D)||2,043|
|Ron Flesland (R)||1,652|
|Larry Gast (D)||1,389|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 25|
|Clark Williams (D-NPL)||2,544|
|John Wall (R)||2,568|
|James Strege (R)||1,638|
In 2010, Williams received $5,775 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Clark Williams's campaign in 2010|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$750|
|25Th District North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party||$500|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,775|
In 2006, Williams collected $1,975 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
|NORTH DAKOTA CHIROPRACTIC ASSOCIATION||$300|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Williams received a score of 14.46% on policy legislation and voted against 3.32% of state spending. Williams was ranked 75th on policy and 60th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Williams and his wife, Gail, have two children. They currently reside in Wahpeton, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Clark + Williams + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Representative Williams on State Surge
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Williams," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |