|Transparency grading process|
- The current budget is published and previous budgets are available for the last three years
- The calendar of meetings, meeting agendas, minutes, resolutions and ordinances are available
- Names of elected officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical address is available
- Some names of administrative officials, individual email address, individual phone numbers, and a physical addresses are available, although not for all departments.
- Permit applications are available for download and zoning ordinances are available
- The current audit is published and previous audits are available for the last three years
- Bids are posted<refhttp://www.cityofclarksville.com/purchasing/bidopenings.php Bids]</ref> including approved contracts over $10,000
- A public records contact is available
- Tax revenues are available and tax rates are published
- Every administrative department listed does not include director information and/or all contact information.
- Council minutes are only archived through 2011, and should include at least three years.
- A search of lobbying did return a singular result of successful lobbying, but not a list of employed lobbyists is available, memberships to lobbying organizations and associated fees.
- Public records policies are not included under the City Clerk’s office description and forms for requesting documents are unavailable.
- Specific salary information is unavailable.
|Charlie Koon||Chief of Staff|
|Dora McCary||Chief Administrative Officer|
|Jennifer Rawls||Director of Communication|
|Nick Steward||Ward 1 Councilmember|
|Deanna McLaughlin||Ward 2 Councilmember|
|James Lewis||Ward 3 Councilmember|
|Wallace Redd||Ward 4 Councilmember|
|Candy Johnson||Ward 5 Councilmember|
|Marc Harris||Ward 6 Councilmember|
|Geno Grubbs||Ward 7 Councilmember|
|David Allen||Ward 8 Councilmember|
|Joel Wallace||Ward 9 Councilmember|
|Bill Summers||Ward 10 Councilmember|
|Kaye Jones||Ward 11 Councilmember|
|Jeff Burkhard||Ward 12 Councilmember|
|Les Crocker||Director Building & Codes|
|Michael Roberts||Fire Chief|
|Howell Albright||Deputy Fire Chief|
|Keith Lampkin||Director of Housing & Community Development|
|William Wyatt||Director of Human Resources|
|Doug Sampley||Director of Information Technology & Communication Services|
|Lynn Stokes||Internal Audit Director|
|Al Ansley||Police Chief|
|Robert Bryant||Purchasing Supervisor|
|David Shepard||Director of Street Department|
The FY2012 budget proposed general fund expenditures of $459,014,545, with an ending fund balance of $105,704,384.
The city of Clarksville received $33,475,345 in federal stimulus money in 12 grants.
Taxes generate the most revenue of any source, and is expected to reach $45,555,548 in 2012, ip from the FY2011 amended budget; then, taxes generated $43,980,591 of revenue.
City In the News
- In March 2012, Tennessee received a “C” in the State Integrity Investigation, a report that analyzes state governments’ accountability and risk for corruption. Even with the average grade, TN ranks #8 in the nation and is cited for establishing an ethics commission six years ago, although that commission has not yet issued a single ethics penalty and complaints are not made available to the public.
- A supply officer from Clarksville, TN, Capt. Bryant Williams, was indicted in federal court for bribing contractors in Iraq and taking at least $20,000 to award favored companies more than half a million dollars in contracts for things as varied as copiers and guard towers in 2005 and 2006. Capt. Bryant allegedly demanded jewelry for his wife, cash, calling cards and other kickbacks.
- Clarksville, TN
- 2012 Budget for Website.pdf Budget
- Budget archives
- Council meetings, agendas, minutes
- Elected officials
- Administrative officials
- Permit application
- Policy manual-Website Copy.pdf Purchasing records
- Public records contact
- 2012 Budget for Website.pdf Tax revenue
- Tax rates
- Lobbying search
- 2012 Budget for Website.pdf Budget analysis
- Clarksville federal stimulus
- 2012 Budget for Website.pdf Local taxes
- State Integrity Investigation
- Clarksville Captain Indicted