|Former candidate for|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia-1 District|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2014|
|Place of birth||Rhode Island|
Sortino's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Education Funding
- "Education is very expensive. Federal and state mandates must be funded by those who create those mandates. Property taxes cannot continue to cover them all, regardless of how important they are. I promise to try to fix this."
- Cell Phone Access
- "Our district continues to lack access to cell phone connectivity. In addition to convenience, jobs and personal safety depend on this service."
- Campaign Finance
- "Political campaigns are largely paid for with private funds from the very wealthy. In the interest of preserving our democracy, this must stop. I favor a Constitutional Amendment to put democracy back into the hands of people like us who don’t have millions of dollars to buy lawmakers."
On her campaign website, Sortino listed the following as her platform:
1. Expand the availability of broadband and cellular technology in Barnet, Ryegate, and Waterford.
2. Support the maintenance and improvement of the state's system of public education.
3. Support affordable health care for all Vermonters.
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Claudette Sortino was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Marcia Robinson Martel defeated incumbent Leigh Larocque in the Republican primary. Martel defeated Sortino in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Caledonia-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Marcia Robinson Martel||60.6%||894|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia-1 District Republican Primary, 2014|
|Marcia Robinson Martel||59%||237|
|Leigh B. Larocque Incumbent||41%||165|
Sortino ran for election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Caledonia 1. Sortino was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Leigh Larocque (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Caledonia 1 District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Leigh Larocque Incumbent||52.5%||1,143|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Claudette + Sortino + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont House of Representatives
- Vermont House of Representatives elections, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Vermonet Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Claudette Sortino for Vermont State Representative, "Platform," accessed October 25, 2014
- Claudette Sortino, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2012
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014