|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 45|
|November 18, 2014-present|
|November 22, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Oklahoma, M.P.H.|
Griffith's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Claudia knows that good jobs leads to a healthy economy. She believes we need to look at new and innovative ways to attract new businesses to Norman and Oklahoma. Claudia knows that Oklahoma is a great place to live and that we can continue to build a stable and smart economy that works for everyone. She believes that for working Oklahomans to have good quality of life they need to have a living wage."
- Excerpt: "Claudia believes that the key to good jobs and a strong economy is education. An educated workforce is one that will attract new jobs and keep companies from moving outside Oklahoma. She will work everyday to improve our public education system and build a better economic future for all Oklahomans."
- Excerpt: "As a product of Norman High School and the University of Oklahoma, Claudia knows the value of a good public education. She spent countless hours volunteering as President of the PTA at her children’s schools and has worked with educators to improve the learning environment of our children."
- Excerpt: "Claudia believes we must find better ways to grow education and move our state forward. She knows that we need to pay our teachers more in order to keep them in Oklahoma. She believes that we need to invest more resources into public schools so that our students have the best tools on hand for their education."
- Excerpt: "Claudia’s experience as a nurse and the director of a healthcare non-profit gives her a unique perspective on how to find new ways to provide access to affordable healthcare. She knows that government isn’t always the answer when it comes to our healthcare decisions, but she also knows that programs designed to give Oklahomans in need a helping hand have to be maintained."
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Aaron Stiles was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Claudia Griffith was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Griffith defeated Stiles in the general election.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 45 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Claudia Griffith Incumbent||51.1%||4,687|
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Griffith ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 15. Griffith ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 26. She was defeated by Rob Standridge (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Claudia + Griffith + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Claudia Griffith on Facebook
- Claudia Griffith on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Claudia Griffith campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 22, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
Aaron Stiles (R)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |