Clear Creek Independent School District, Texas
|Clear Creek Independent School District|
|League City, Texas|
|Number of schools:||45|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Ann Hammond|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Clear Creek Independent School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the districtLeague City, Texas, a city located in portions of Galveston County and Harris County. According to the United States Census Bureau, League City is home to 88,188 residents.
League City outperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 42.1% of League City residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.3% for Texas as a whole. The median household income in League City was $88,289 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in League City was 4.7% compared to 17.4% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The superintendent of Clear Creek Independent School District is Greg Smith as of April 9, 2014. He has served in the position since his appointment in 2008. Smith previously served as the superintendent of Alvin Independent School District.
The Clear Creek Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to three-year terms. Five members are elected to geographical districts and two members are elected by the entire district. Trustees are not paid but receive compensation for travel expenses and conference fees associated with district business.
|Clear Creek Board of Trustees|
|Charles Pond||At-large A||2015|
|Ann Hammond||At-large B||2016|
School board elections
Members of the Board of Trustees are elected to three-year terms on a staggered basis. Two seats are up for election on May 10, 2014. Three seats will be on the ballot in May 2015 and two seats will be up for election in May 2016.
Public participation in board meetings
The Board of Trustees maintains the following policy regarding public participation in board meetings last updated in 2004:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
Public participation is limited to those individuals who are presenting an agenda item, with the exception of community input. The audience shall not enter into discussion or debate on matters being considered by the Board, unless requested by the presiding officer.
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
COMMUNITY INPUT PRESENTATION
Three presentations of no more than three minutes each shall be allotted for each topic. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views to the Board. Community input shall last no longer than 30 minutes of each regularly scheduled meeting. Any presentations that would extend beyond the time limit shall be heard after all other business of the Board has been completed.
As stated previously, the number of presentations per topic is limited to three; if a topic has previously met this limitation, no additional presentations will be permitted during the one-minute presentations.
Citizens/visitors may not bring posters, banners, or other disruptive items into the Board room.
Citizens/visitors shall have a designated seating/standing area at the Board meeting site. Citizens/visitors shall remain in that area while the meeting is in session and during recess.
Citizens/visitors and members of the news media and their equipment shall remain in a specific area at the Board meeting site while the meeting is in session and during recess.
—Clear Creek Independent School District's website, (2014), 
Clear Creek Independent School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teacher salaries at Clear Creek Independent School District are categorized based on higher education achievement and years of service. A teacher with a Bachelor's degree can earn higher salaries by pursuing graduate degrees. The salary schedule also accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table lists salaries for district teachers during the 2013-2014 school year:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Median salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
Schools in Clear Creek Independent School District
Clear Creek Independent School District operates 45 K-12 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Clear Creek Independent School District|
|Armand Bayou Elementary School|
|Bauerschlag Elementary School|
|Bay Elementary School|
|Bayside Intermediate School|
|Brookside Intermediate School|
|Brookwood Elementary School|
|C.D. Landolt Elementary School|
|Clear Brook High School|
|Clear Creek High School|
|Clear Creek Intermediate School|
|Clear Falls High School|
|Clear Horizons EC High School|
|Clear Lake City Elementary School|
|Clear Lake High School|
|Clear Lake Intermediate School|
|Clear Path Alternative High School|
|Clear Springs High School|
|Clear Stars Evening School|
|Clear View Education Center|
|Creekside Intermediate School|
|Falcon Pass Elementary School|
|Ferguson Elementary School|
|Gilmore Elementary School|
|Goforth Elementary School|
|Greene Elementary School|
|I.W. & Eleanor Hyde Elementary School|
|League City Elementary School|
|League City Intermediate School|
|McWhirter Elementary School|
|Mossman Elementary School|
|North Pointe Elementary School|
|Parr Elementary School|
|Robinson Elementary School|
|Ross Elementary School|
|Seabrook Intermediate School|
|Space Center Intermediate School|
|Stewart Elementary School|
|Victory Lakes Intermediate School|
|Ward Elementary School|
|Weber Elementary School|
|Wedgewood Elementary School|
|Westbrook Intermediate School|
|Whitcomb Elementary School|
|White Elementary School|
|Walter Hall Elementary School|
The Texas Education Agency issues an annual accountability report for each school district in the state. This rating determines if district schools fulfill expectations in four categories of educational achievement during a particular school year. The following terms explain these categories:
- Student Achievement: Measures student performance on the annual Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test.
- Student Progress: Measures student performance in reading, math and writing courses at the district level.
- Closing Performance Gaps: Measures year-to-year performance among students in the lowest-performing demographics.
- Postsecondary Readiness: Measures student readiness for college, employment or military service after graduation.
Clear Creek Independent School District received a Met Standard designation on the state's 2013 report. District schools met 98% of indicators set forth by state education officials and all four assessment categories. The following table details the district's accountability report during the 2012-2013 school year:
|Performance Index Summary, 2012-2013|
|Category||Points earned||Maximum points||Index score||Target score|
|Closing Performance Gaps||959||1,200||80||55|
- List of school districts in Texas
- Clear Creek Independent School District elections (2014)
- School Board Elections portal
- Clear Creek Independent School District
- League City, Texas
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Texas Education Agency, "2012-2013 District Performance," accessed April 10, 2014
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Education Village," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "League City, Texas," accessed April 3, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Historical Election Results," accessed April 3, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Superintendent of Schools," accessed April 9, 2014
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Eligibility/Qualifications," October 21, 2011
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Public Participation," November 22, 2004
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Budget Summary, Analysis & Detail," accessed November 29, 2013
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Board Approved Teacher Salary Schedule," accessed April 9, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 3, 2014
- Clear Creek Independent School District, "Clear Creek Independent School District Directory," October 9, 2013
- Texas Education Agency, "Accountability Summary 2013: Clear Creek ISD," accessed April 8, 2014