Clint Independent School District, Texas
|Clint Independent School District|
|El Paso County, Texas|
|Superintendent:||Juan I. Martinez|
|Number of schools:||14|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||James Pendell|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Clint Independent School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the districtEl Paso County, Texas. The county seat of El Paso County is Clint. El Paso County is home to 800,647 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau.
El Paso County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 20.3 percent of El Paso County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in El Paso County was $39,699 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in El Paso County was 24.0 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
The superintendent of Clint Independent School District is Juan I. Martinez, who was appointed to the position on August 1, 2013. Prior to this position, Martinez was the chief human resources officer of Socorro Independent School District. He has a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's of education degree in school administration from the University of Texas at El Paso. He hold a teacher certification in bilingual education and a mid-management certificate. He received his superintendent certification from Angelo State University.
Clint Independent School District is overseen by a seven-member board elected to four-year terms and who serve the district at-large.
|Clint ISD Board of Trustees|
|Mary Macias||1st Vice President||2016|
|Patricia Randleel||2nd Vice President||2016|
School board elections
Members of the Clint ISD Board of Trustees are elected to four-year terms. Four seats were up for election in 2014, and three seats will be up for election in 2016.
Public participation in board meetings
The board maintains the following policy regarding public participation in board meetings, last revised in 2011:
|“||As long as the requirements of the Open Meetings Act are satisfied and the right of citizens to apply to the Board for redress of their grievances is not abridged, the Board need not provide a public forum for every citizen wishing to express an opinion on a matter. Reasonable restraints on the number, length, and frequency of presentations are permissible. The Board may limit the number of persons it will hear on a particular subject and the frequency with which they may appear, so long as the regulation does not abridge constitutionally guaranteed rights of freedom of speech and to petition, nor unfairly discriminate among views seeking expression.||”|
—Clint Independent School District's website, (2011) 
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teacher salaries in Clint ISD are categorized based on years of experience. For the 2014-2015 year, the starting salary for a teacher with no experience is $47,500, while a teacher with 20 years of experience earns $58,210. Salary schedules are developed for one year only, so future salaries cannot be predicted.
Schools in Clint Independent School District
Clint Independent School District served 11,886 students during the 2011-2012 school year. Clint Independent School District does not publicly archive enrollment data.
Clint Independent School District operates 14 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Clint Independent School District|
|Carroll T. Welch Elementary School|
|Clint High School|
|Clint ISD Early College Academy|
|Clint Junior High School|
|Desert Hills Elementary School|
|East Montana Middle School|
|Frank Macias Elementary School|
|Horizon High School|
|Horizon Middle School|
|Montana Vista Elementary School|
|Mountain View High School|
|Red Sands Elementary School|
|Ricardo Estrada Junior High School|
|William D. Surratt Elementary School|
The Texas Education Agency issues an annual accountability report for each school district in the state. This rating determines if district schools fulfill expectations in four categories of educational achievement during a particular school year. The following terms explain these categories:
- Student Achievement: Measures student performance on the annual Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test.
- Student Progress: Measures student performance in reading, math and writing courses at the district level.
- Closing Performance Gaps: Measures year-to-year performance among students in the lowest-performing demographics.
- Postsecondary Readiness: Measures student readiness for college, employment or military service after graduation.
Clint Independent School District received a Met Standard designation on the state's 2013 report. District schools met 85 percent of indicators set forth by state education officials and all four assessment categories. The following table details the district's accountability report during the 2012-2013 school year:
|Performance Index Summary, 2012-2013|
|Category||Points earned||Maximum points||Index score||Target score|
|Closing Performance Gaps||975||1,300||75||50|
- Texas school districts
- List of school districts in Texas
- Clint Independent School District elections (2014)
- School board elections portal
- Clint Independent School District
- El Paso County, Texas
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Secretary of State
- Texas Ethics Commission
- United States Census Bureau, "El Paso County, Texas," accessed July 31, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed June 17, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "El Paso County," accessed December 31, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Clint Independent School District, "Our Superintendent," accessed January 7, 2015
- Clint Independent School District, "Board of Trustees," accessed July 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Clint Independent School District, "Public Participation," May 19, 2011
- Clint Independent School District, "Clint Independent School District FISCAL YEAR: 2011-12," accessed December 2, 2013
- Texas Education Agency, "Select District for Financial (Budget 2014) Report," accessed December 11, 2014
- Clint Independent School District, "Hiring Schedule 2014-2015," accessed January 7, 2015
- Clint Independent School District, "Schools," accessed January 7, 2015
- Clint Independent School District, "Accountability Summary 2013," accessed January 7, 2015
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |