|Transparency grading process|
Coalville is a city in Summit County, Utah
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah city websites
- Elected officials listed.
- No information on budgets are audits
- No meetings or agendas posted
- Administrative officials not listed
- No building permit information
- City contracts not posted online
- No information on taxes
- No way to request public records
The Sutherland Institute
The Sutherland Institute in Utah issued a transparency report that graded Utah cities according to a ten-point checklist. The Institute spent 20 minutes on each website searching for checklist items to ensure that transparency items were both present and easily accessible. 111 cities were graded and averaged a score of roughly 5 points, which is the equivalent of a C- transparency grade.
- Coalville city website
- The Sutherland Institute Utah City Transparency Scores
- The Sutherland Institute Grading City Government