Cochran's quarterly reports reveal re-election bid is likely
Since Cochran's initial election to the U.S. Senate in 1978, he has won each of his subsequent five re-election contests by at least 60 percent of the vote, despite formidable challenges such as that posed by then-Governor William Winter in 1984.
Cochran has not yet announced whether he will seek re-election in 2014, however his campaign finance reports indicate that he is preparing for a campaign, albeit not in extravagant fashion. In the first six months of this year his campaign committee has raised roughly $350,000.
- Madison County Journal, "PERRY/Will Cochran run again?," July 24, 2013
- Biographical Guide to Members of Congress, "William Thad Cochran," accessed November 3, 2011
- Federal Election Commission, "Cochran 2014 Summary reports," accessed July 30, 2013
- FEC "April Quarterly," accessed July 30, 2013
- FEC "July Quarterly," accessed July 30, 2013