Colfax County, New Mexico
Colfax County is one of 33 counties in New Mexico. As of 2000, the population was 14,189. Its county seat is Raton. It is the home of Philmont Scout Ranch, whose Ranger Department conducts all search-and-rescue operations in the county in return for use of the county's helicopters. The county was named for Schuyler Colfax (1823-1885), seventeenth Vice President of the United States.
- The website provides information on meetings, public accessibility, and agendas.
- The website provides public records forms for download on both the County Assessor and the County Clerk websites.
- There is no budget or audit information available.
- No information on how to file for public records.
- No listing the county audits, credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.