For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine State Senate, District 25|
|December 5, 2012-December 3, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lachowicz served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• State and Local Government, Chair|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. District 25 incumbent Colleen Lachowicz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Alek Fortier was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards; he was replaced by Scott Cyrway. Cyrway defeated Lachowicz in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 16, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Colleen Lachowicz Incumbent||43.4%||6,936|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Lachowicz won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 25. She ran and won against Dana Hernandez in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and defeated incumbent Thomas Martin, Jr. (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Maine Republican Party attacked Lachowicz throughout the campaign for her "time-consuming double life" playing the fantasy role-playing game World of Warcraft, including creating a website dedicated to her called Colleen's World.
An October 2012 article in The Daily named Lachowicz one of the 20 worst candidates in 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Martin, Jr. Incumbent||47.2%||7,773|
|Maine State Senate, District 25 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lachowicz is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lachowicz raised a total of $26,444 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Colleen Lachowicz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 25||$26,444|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,444|
2012Lachowicz won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Lachowicz raised a total of $26,444.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Colleen Lachowicz's campaign in 2012|
|Patrick, John L||$100|
|Murphy, Lynn M||$100|
|Hickman, Craig V||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,444|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Colleen + Lachowicz + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Colleen Lachowicz on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Maine Summary Vote Totals," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- FOX News, "Candidate's 'World of Warcraft' hobby causing political problems," October 6, 2012
- The Daily, "The worst candidates of 2012," October 29, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Lachowicz, Colleen," accessed September 12, 2013
Thomas Martin, Jr. (R)
|Maine State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|