|Corpus Christi City Council, District 4|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
On her campaign website, McIntyre highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Corpus Christi, like many cities across the nation, faces serious problems with its infrastructure. We must place an emphasis on maintenance of our roads, utilities, public buildings, and parks, without mortgaging our futures. We can no longer afford to defer maintenance only to roll a larger repair bill into a future bond package."
Travel and tourism
- Excerpt: "[Travel and tourism] has increased due to the consistent efforts of the Convention and Visitors Bureau. This needs to continue with an increased focus on Eco-tourism. “Heads in beds” provide revenue to our city through job creation, sales tax revenue, and hotel/motel tax. These visits can also attract businesses of all sizes to Corpus Christi. The investment in travel and tourism come back to us many times over."
- Excerpt: "Our residents are the City’s primary customers. Efficiently providing services to residents should be the Council’s primary concern. Residents also require a city in which they can spend weekends and vacations and where they can proudly welcome guests. They want shopping, special events, public spaces, restaurants, a university, athletic events, and concerts. Most importantly, they want their children to have a reason and desire to stay."
- Excerpt: "The city does not have the funds available to maintain the current infrastructure. We must diversify our tax base in order to fund maintenance, repairs, and improvements to the city’s current infrastructure and to prepare for additional growth. Increased revenue, both in ad valorem and sales tax, is key to our future. We need to make our city attractive to new economic activity. The city must be “open for business”. Development Services must work effectively with potential new businesses."
- Excerpt: "Communication between the City, residents, and project sponsors needs to be improved so that projects move forward expeditiously and equitably. Council-members and staff should proactively meet with all parties to discuss concerns and find solutions. The new process of introducing future agenda items at Council meetings helps to facilitate this discussion, however, with many projects, additional discussion is necessary and may best be addressed in town hall meetings."
The city of Corpus Christi, Texas will hold elections for city council on November 4, 2014. The candidate filing deadline was August 18, 2014. Eight council seats - three at-large and districts one through five - are up for election. In District 4, incumbent Colleen McIntyre will face Joe Vollmer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Colleen + McIntyre + Corpus Christi"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the City of Corpus Christi
- City of Corpus Christi 2014 Candidate List
- Campaign website
|Corpus Christi City Council, District 4
| Succeeded by|