Collin County, Texas
- Main article: Evaluation of Texas county websites
Last rated on Jan. 10, 2012
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners is provided.
- County commissioner meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Audit reports are published.
- Tax rate information is published.
- Information on public records is provided.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Information on administrative officials is provided.
- Building permit information is posted.
- In an August 8, 2008 Collin County Observer article, Collin County stated it was the first county in the nation to publish its check register online.
- The Collin County Financial Transparency Project will include the following:
- A listing of checks written by county government for all of its operations since October 2007
- The county’s financial trends for the last five fiscal years
- Graphs of year-to-date total revenues, tax revenues, cash, and investments for county operations
- A newsletter highlighting county government financial operations and projects
- Monthly utility costs and consumption for county facilities.
- The check register database is in PDF's and not searchable. This was true initially, but since November, the check registers are presented in a password-protected Excel file. To search the Excel file, simply copy the file to your computer and give it a new name. This removes the password protection and permits you to do sorts, filters or any other type of search capability.
- There is no information on lobbying.
- There is no information on zoning.
A lawsuit was filed in federal court in East Texas against Collin County, Patricia Crigger, and several other deputy district clerks, for violations of constitutional right under Section 28 U.S.C. 1983. The Federal Complaint was filed February 9, 2011 and alleges tempering with court documents by the clerks, and other intentional and wrongful actions and further alleges wide spread corruption in the Collin County Judiciary and District Clerk's office.
- Collin County website
- Collin County Information Station
- Public Records Directory - Collin County
- Collin County on E-Reference
- Development Services
- The Collin County Fiscal Transparency Project, Check Register
- Houston Conservative, Foundation applauds Collin County Financial Transparency Project, August 11, 2008
- The Collin County Observer, County puts check register online, August 8, 2008
- Texas Watchdog, Judge Suzanne Wooten in Collin County suspended by state board following indictment, Oct. 21, 2010
- Dallas News, Incoming Collin County District Clerk Patricia Crigger pleads not guilty to corruption charges, Aug. 25, 2011