Colorado 1940 ballot measures
- Four questions were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One measure was an initiated state statute.
- All measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Taxes||Providing for an income tax to replace property taxes|
|Issue 2||Environment||Conservation of the state's wildlife resources|
|CISS||Issue 3||Gambling||Legalizing horse and dog racing|
|Issue 4||Health Care||Monthly old age pension|
|Issue 5||Taxes||Ad valorem tax on all intangible property|
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Colorado
- Laws governing the initiative process in Colorado
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |