Colorado 1972 ballot measures
- Four measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Three measures were initiated state statutes.
- Four measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One measure was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Seven measures were defeated.
- Five were approved.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Referendum 1||Gambling||Authorizes the conduct of sweepstakes races|
|Referendum 2||Education||Creates a student loan program|
|Referendum 3||Civil Rights||States that equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged on account of sex|
|Referendum 4||Education||Change size and election laws relating to the Colorado University of Colorado Board of Regents|
|Referendum 5||Gov't Salaries||Removes the prohibition against changing the salary of certain state and county officers during their terms of office|
|Initiative 6||Gambling||Allows for a privately operated lottery|
|Initiative 7||Taxes||Creates a maximum annual tax limit of 1 1/2% of the actual value of property|
|Initiative 8||Athletics||Prohibits the state from levying taxes and appropriating or loaning funds for 1976 Winter Olympic Games.|
|CISS||Initiative 9||Gov't Acc||Requires public officials to disclose their private interests, lobbyists to register and provide periodic informational statement, and create open meeting laws|
|CISS||Initiative 10||Utilities||Defines "just and reasonable" rates for public utilities by creating state regulation agency and requiring financial disclosure|
|CISS||Initiative 11||Business||Establishing a system of compulsory insurance and compensation for victims of motor vehicle accidents.|
|Initiative 12||Taxes||Limits taxes and tax use, including property tax to fund schools and sales and service taxes|
- Colorado General Assembly
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- 1972 ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Colorado
- Laws governing the initiative process in Colorado
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |