Colorado 1976 ballot measures
- Three were initiated state statutes.
- Three were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Four were legislative referrals.
- Two measures were approved, while eight were defeated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Issue 1||Gaming||Authorizing sweepstakes races|
|Amendment 2||Tax Reform||Reforming the taxation of mobile homes|
|Amendment 3||Nuclear||Approval by 2/3 of each House of the General Assembly before constructing or modifying a nuclear power plant|
|Amendment 4||Labor||Exemption from the state personnel system for heads of certain divisions|
|Amendment 5||Salary||Regarding the compensation of county elected officials|
|Amendment 6||Civil Rights||Repealing the law that provides for equality of rights on account of sex|
|CISS||Issue 7||Taxes||Exempting food and food products from state sales and use taxes.|
|CISS||Issue 8||Environment||Requiring a minimum deposit refund value for beverage containers|
|CISS||Issue 9||Business||Protects consumers of public utility services|
|Amendment 10||Taxes||Electoral approval of all acts which result in new or increased taxes|
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Colorado
- Laws governing the initiative process in Colorado
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado General Assembly
- List of ballot measures by state
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |