Colorado 1988 ballot measures
November 8, 1988 ballot in Colorado.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Six of the measures were approved, while two were defeated.
On the ballot
|Initiative 1||English||Makes English the official language||
|Amendment 2||Gov't Finances||Reimburses recall expenses for state elective officers||
|Amendment 3||Legislature||Limits on length of regular legislative sessions to 120 days||
|Amendment 4||Wages & Pay||Creats eight-hour work day and removes obsolete language||
|Amendment 5||Taxes||Exempts non-producing unpatented mining claims from property tax||
|Initiative 6||Taxes||Requires voter approval for increases in tax revenues||
|Initiative 7||Abortion||Restores public funding for abortions||
|Initiative 8||Legislature||Requires General Assembly committees to consider measures upon their merits||
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- 1988 ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado State Legislative Council, Ballot History
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Colorado