Colorado 1996 ballot measures
1996 ballot in Colorado.Twelve statement ballot measures were on the
- Seven of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measure was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Six of the measures were defeated and six were approved.
On the ballot
|Initiative 11||Taxes||Eliminates certain property tax exemptions||
|Initiative 12||Term Limits||Instructs Colorado representatives to vote for term limits for U.S. congressional members||
|Initiative 13||Direct Democracy||Changes initiative and referendum rights and procedures||
|Initiative 14||Animals||Prohibits certain methods of trapping or killing animals||
|CISS||Initiative 15||Elections||Creates new laws regarding campaign finance||
|Initiative 16||Property||Establishes constitutional law regarding management of state public land trusts||
|Initiative 17||Marriage & Family||Creates parental rights to direct and control the upbringing, education, values, and discipline of their children||
|Initiative 18||Gambling||Permits limited gaming in the national historic district of the city of Trinidad||
|Referendum A||Supermajority||Changes requirement to pass constitutional amendments from simple voter majority to 60 percent supermajority||
|Referendum B||Elections||Increases the time period for mailing out ballot information to registered voters||
|Referendum C||Law Enforcement||Authorizes the general assembly to establish qualifications for the office of county sheriff||
|Referendum D||Welfare||Excludes funds for unemployment compensation from state fiscal limitations||
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- 1996 ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado Legislative Council: Ballot Issue History
- 1996 Sample Ballot (from El Paso Country, CO)
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Colorado