Colorado 2002 ballot measures
November 5, 2002 ballot in Colorado.Ten statewide ballot propositions were on the
- Three of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were passed and seven were defeated.
On the ballot
|Initiative 27||Elections||Reduces the contribution amount to candidates and various political organizations||
|CISS||Initiative 28||Elections||Requires most elections held be conducted by mail ballot||
|CISS||Initiative 29||Elections||Eliminates the role of caucus & assembly meetings for selecting candidates, primary ballot||
|Initiative 30||Elections||Allows eligible Colorado citizens to register to vote and to cast a ballot on election day for all elections||
|Initiative 31||English||Requires that all public school students be taught in English||
|Referendum A||Term limits||Eliminates term limits for elected district attorneys||
|Referendum B||Local Gov't||Allows local governments to jointly own health care services or facilities with private companies or individuals||
|Referendum C||Elections||Permits the legislature to establish qualifications for the office of county coroner||
|Referendum D||Constitutions||Removes expired provisions for events that have already occurred; strikes an obsolete information||
|LRSS||Referendum E||Admin of Gov't||Designates March 31st as "Cesar Chavez Day"||
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- 2002 ballot measures