Colorado Death Penalty for Class 1 Felonies, Measure 2 (1974)
The Colorado Death Penalty for Class 1 Felonies Act, also known as Measure 2, was on the November 4, 1974 ballot in Colorado as a legislatively-referred state statute, where it was approved. The measure imposed the death penalty upon persons convicted of class 1 felonies.
|Colorado Measure 2 (1974)|
Election results via: The Colorado Legislative Council
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall the death penalty be imposed upon persons convicted of class 1 felonies where certain mitigating circumstances are not present and certain aggravating circumstances are present?||”|
- Colorado 1974 ballot measures
- 1974 ballot measures
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado General Assembly, "Ballot Issue History," accessed January 14, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |