Colorado Department of Education
|Colorado Department of Education|
|FY 2014 Budget:||$4.65 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Colorado school districts
List of school districts in Colorado
Public education in Colorado
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| The Colorado Department of Education is dedicated to increasing achievement levels for all students through comprehensive programs of education reform involving three interlocking elements:
- Special Assistant to the Commissioner: Elliott Asp
- Deputy Commissioner: Keith Owen
- Director of State Board Relations: Carey Markel
- Deputy Commissioner, Accountability, Performance & Support Division: Keith Owen
- Associate Commissioner, Achievement and Strategy Division: Jill Hawley
- Associate Commissioner, Innovation, Choice & Engagement Division: Rebecca Holmes
- Associate Commissioner, School Finance Division: Leanne Emm
- Chief Communications Officer, Communications Division: Janelle Asmus
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education is comprised of seven members who serve six-year terms. Since 1950, voters have elected board members on a partisan basis from each of Colorado's seven federal congressional districts. The State Board of Education appoints the state's Commissioner of Education, who also serves as the secretary of the board. Board members are not compensated for their services. The purpose of the board is to set policies and regulations for the state's public school system.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Colorado Department of Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Colorado + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado Department of Education, "Colorado Education Facts and Figures," accessed January 22, 2014
- Colorado Department of Education, "Brief History of the State Department of Education in Colorado," accessed January 22, 2014
- Colorado Department of Education, "Organizational Commitment," accessed January 22, 2014
- Colorado Department of Education, "Commissioner of Education," accessed January 22, 2014
- Colorado Department of Education, "Colorado Department of Education," accessed January 22, 2014
- Colorado Department of Education, "Colorado State Board of Education," accessed February 20, 2014
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |
Colorado Department of Education | Colorado school districts |