Colorado Official State Logo Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Motto and Symbols
|Not on ballot|
Whether this measure would have been an initiated state statute or an initiated constitutional amendment was unclear in the draft initiative. Section 1 of Article V of the Colorado Constitution requires all proposed initiatives to amend either the constitution or state law. The memo advised the proponents of the initiative that, "The proposed initiative should be revised to indicate whether it amends the Colorado constitution or the Colorado Revised Statutes and to show where in the constitution or statutes its provisions should be inserted."
- Lisa Brumfield, primary proponent
- Peter Coulter, second proponent
Lisa Brumfield and Peter Coulter were also proponents for the following 2014 initiatives:
Coulter, additionally, was a proponent for Colorado No Clemency for Death Penalty by Governor Initiative (2014).
Path to the ballot
Whether the measure would have amended the constitution or state law, supporters would have had to gather 86,105 valid signatures by Monday, August 4 at 3:00 PM for the measure to appear on the ballot. The measure, however, did not move forward.
- Colorado 2014 ballot measures
- 2014 ballot measures
- Colorado Legislature
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- Legislative Council Staff and Office of Legislative Legal Services, "Memo to Lisa Brumfiel and Peter Coulter: Proposed initiative measure 2013-2014 #127, concerning the official Colorado logo," March 31, 2014
- Colorado Legislative Council, "Draft of proposed ballot initiative Official Colorado Logo," accessed May 21, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2013 - 2014 Proposed Initiatives," accessed August 4, 2014
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |