Colorado Prohibition on Fluoride in Public Water System Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
|Voting on Water|
|Not on ballot|
Statutory or constitutional status
Whether this measure would have been an initiated state statute or an initiated constitutional amendment was unclear in the draft initiative. Section 1 of Article V of the Colorado Constitution requires all proposed initiatives to amend either the Colorado constitution or state law. The memo advised the proponents of the initiative that, "The proposed initiative must include an amending clause that indicates the parts of the Colorado Revised Statutes or Colorado constitution being added to, amended, or repealed. The appropriate amending clause should be inserted on the line following the enacting clause."
- Lisa Brumfield, primary proponent
- Peter Coulter, second proponent
Lisa Brumfield and Peter Coulter were also proponents for the following 2014 initiatives:
Coulter, additionally, was a proponent for Colorado No Clemency for Death Penalty by Governor Initiative (2014).
Path to the ballot
Whether the measure would have amended the constitution or state law, supporters would have had to gather 86,105 valid signatures by Monday, August 4 at 3:00 PM for the measure to appear on the ballot. While this proposed initiative had a ballot title set, its petition format was not approved making its placement on the 2014 ballot impossible.
- Colorado 2014 ballot measures
- 2014 ballot measures
- Colorado Legislature
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- Legislative Council Staff and Office of Legislative Legal Services, "Memo to Lisa Brumfiel and Peter Coulter:Proposed initiative measure 2013-2014 #125, concerning a Prohibition on Fluoride in Public Water Systems," April 2, 2014
- Colorado Legislative Council, "Draft of proposed initiative Fluoride Removal," accessed May 21, 2014
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2013 - 2014 Proposed Initiatives," accessed August 4, 2014
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |