Colorado Winter Olympic Games Funding and Tax, Measure 8 (1972)
The Colorado Winter Olympic Games Funding and Tax Amendment, also known as Initiative 8, was on the November 7, 1972 ballot in Colorado as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure prohibited the state from levying taxes and appropriate or loaning funds for the 1976 Winter Olympic Games.
|Colorado Initiative 8 (1972)|
Election results via: The Colorado Legislative Council
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An Act to Amend Articles X and XI of the State Constitution to prohibit the State from levying taxes and appropriating or loaning funds for the purpose of aiding or furthering the 1976 Winter Olympic Games.||”|
- Colorado 1972 ballot measures
- 1972 ballot measures
- List of Colorado ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Colorado
- Colorado General Assembly, "Ballot Issue History," accessed January 14, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |