Connecticut elections, 2013
Connecticut election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections
Find current election news and links here.
|Click here for all|
November 5, 2013
State House District 53
Rep. Bryan Hurlburt (D) resigned on April 16, 2013 to take a position in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Services Bureau. A special election took place on June 11, 2013, which Samuel Belsito won. Major parties had until May 6 to endorse a candidate for this special election.
- Related: See election results here.
Voting in Connecticut
- See also: Voting in Connecticut
Important voting information
- Connecticut uses a closed primary system, meaning voters must register with a party to be able to vote in their primary election.
- Registration is available beginning on the 31st day before a general election or on the 21st day before a primary.
- Connecticut passed legislation in 2012 authorizing online voter registration, but a system has not yet been implemented.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Connecticut, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Connecticut is one of seven states that does not have any form of early voting.
Elections Performance Index
Connecticut ranked 6th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2010 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance assigning an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. The indicators were chosen within the framework of determining the convenience and integrity of each of the three administrative phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Connecticut received an overall score of 73%.
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |