|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 41A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bernardy served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education Finance|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
|• Transportation Finance, Vice-chair|
Bernardy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Connie’s top priority is and has always been adequately funding K-12 education to prevent local school districts from further increases in class sizes and cuts to teachers and educational opportunities."
- Excerpt: "I am committed to making sure our communities continue to be great places to live, work and raise a family."
- Excerpt: "We must stand up against the anti-worker forces that are misleading Minnesotans with their anti-middle class, so-called 'right to work' amendment"
Our Public Safety
- Excerpt: "Connie supported new laws to provide life sentences for serious sexual predators and increase sentences on those who manufacture or sell methamphetamine."
- Excerpt: "Connie works to build caring relationships between our children and our elders."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Connie Bernardy is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jeff Phillips is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Bernardy won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 41A. Bernardy ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Dale Helm (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 41A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bernardy is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Bernardy raised a total of $168,297 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Connie Bernardy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 41A||$28,724|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 51B||$57,354|
|2002||Minnesota House, District 51B||$41,803|
|2000||Minnesota House, District 48B||$40,416|
|Grand Total Raised||$168,297|
2012Bernardy won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bernardy raised a total of $28,724.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Connie Bernardy's campaign in 2012|
|Connie L. Bernardy Senate District 51 Committee||$4,966|
|41st Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$2,500|
|Friends of Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party Women||$500|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$28,724|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Connie + Bernardy + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "conniebernardy," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Bernardy, Connie," accessed December 13, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Keith Downey (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 41A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |